I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Thursday, March 24, 2011

分島花音 - 侵食ドルチェ [2009]

"真紅のフェータリズム"..... Cello mixed with keys, effects, and a distinctly electronic rhythm. It could've been awesome, nay, incredible, but it's not very well put together and it's attempts at combining classical with modern gothic are faux because the vocals are obviously geared towards the pop crowd. In fact, it seems like most of it is aimed at pop. The cello parts aren't particularly inspired, more like clichéd. What this really feels like is Moi dix Mois ver.2, but a little more catchy. While some parts are quite good and I can feel the amazing potential, it's never really done correctly and she (or whoever wrote the stuff) just can't seem to make the blend seamless. Goddamn, this REALLY sounds like Mana's songwriting... potentially incredible, but constantly falling short. Massively disappointing, and yet, I just can't give it an awful rating. At least some kind of effort was made in the writing of this album.

Rating: 6

http://www.kanonweb.jp/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!