I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Sunday, August 21, 2011

Testament - Demonic [1997]

FFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!! "Demonic Refusal" is one fucking hell of a way to start the album. It's so fucking heavy and evil. Chucks vocals are purely his own brand of Death Metal. "Together as One" would have been great if they didn't include that really fucking gay and repetitive section with such a shitty riff. Shit kicks back into gear with "Jun-Jun" and "John Doe". Things actually even go back to Thrash Metal for the first time in years with "Murky Waters". The songs from this point on are all fucking great... except for "Nostrovia". This is an INCREDIBLY heavy, evil, angry, and destructive album that makes me want to mosh against the world. That said, there are a couple weak songs and some riffs throughout the album feel a bit half-assed.

Rating: 8

http://www.testamentlegions.com/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!