I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sister Machine Gun - Sins of the Flesh [1992]

Not a bad start at all. I was expecting much less. "Sins of the Flesh" is pretty catchy and it's got a solid beat with good feeling samples. Second track is a really enjoyable listen as well. I've been sort of subconsciously hoping to add an Industrial Rock band like this to my library. There's virtually nothing at all in the way of variation between the tracks, but I expected that from a band in this genre and from this time period. The songwriting is solid all the way through, even if it's based on a bit of a formula. One thing that seems to keep coming back to nag me throughout the album is that the vocals feel a bit amateur at times.

Rating: 7

http://www.sistermachinegun.com/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!