I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

1349 - Revelations of the Black Flame [2009]

Extremely slow start to the album. Things finally pick up towards the end of "Serpentine Sibilance". However, I fear that this is going to be a mostly Doom-inspired album. The production is punchy, but over-compressed when the bass drum kicks in. "Maggot Fetus..." starts off with more of an old-school 1349 feel to it with the thrash drumming and catchy power chord riffs before it jumps into a nice blast. Overall, there are moments where things get good, but this album is mostly too slow, boring, and repetitive for my tastes.

Rating: 6

http://www.legion1349.com/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!