I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Aborted - Coronary Reconstruction [2010]

Production ramp up again! This is much better and more heavy than the last album; more in the vein of S&A. This is much more of a return to their older Grindcore style. The more modern elements are still there, but they are much less intrusive and follow the TAA-style of inserting modern influences. Even though there is still some modern influence, it never feels like they're trying to make the music more "accessible" like they did with Strychnine. Extremely solid EP from start to finish. Much more caustic and brutal than Strychnine, this is a huge step in the right direction: more focus on their Grindcore roots.

Rating: 8.5

http://www.goremageddon.be/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!