I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Monday, July 26, 2010

Je*Reviens - Romantic Jewel [1999]

First track is very unimpressive as far as singing goes. Seems like the vox haven't improved much. In fact, they may have just gotten a bit worse… he's doing this weird thing that makes him sound vaguely like Kermit the frog and it's beginning to hurt my opinion of T2. T4 is basically a Offspring rip-off, but less catchy. This whole CD is crap. There's only one remotely well-written song on here (T9), and while it's a pretty damn good song, everything else is so bad that I want to puke. Repetitive, boring, uncreative, and painful to listen to. The vox haven't gotten any better at all and are VERY frequently out of tune. Better production, but it doesn't spare the album from one bit of my bile.

Rating: 3

http://www.last.fm/music/JE*REVIENS

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!