I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sigh - Infidel Art [1995]

Towards the middle of "Izuna", Sigh shows a glimpse of the orchestra stabs that the band will use more heavily later on. The keys are pretty well done, and the clean vocals are more accurate than they were on Scorn Defeat. "The Zombie Terror" really becomes cool for me when the piano parts kick in. "Desolation" is a haunting song, especially once the cool keys kick in around half-way through. However, I've never really been a fan of doom speeds for metal. The production quality is heavier than Scorn Defeat. Overall, a pretty decent album with really awesome keyboard use when they kick in, but the large amount of Doom Metal sets me off a bit.

Rating: 6.5

http://www.myspace.com/sighjapan

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!