I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Monday, June 20, 2011

Hate - Morphosis [2008]

There's quite an increase in production quality. The guitars are much heavier now. "Threnody" gives me hope for the album with more complexity in the song arrangement, but the riffs aren't particularly catchy or memorable. "Immum Coeli" starts a bit more promising, but breaks up the action a bit too much. It's a bit frustrating... many of the good ideas are balanced out by bad ideas that break flow for guitar riffs that feel fluid. Not all that great overall. It doesn't really capture or move me. Quite a flop. But at least it has got heavy production.

Rating: 5.5

http://www.hate-metal.com/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!