I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ladytron - Light & Magic [2002]

Fairly uninteresting introduction to the album with "True Mathematics". "Seventeen" feels promising with good rhythm and a fairly catchy lead... so why the fuck do they ruin the entire song by repeating the same cock sucking phrase over and over again until I wanna punch the fucking "lyricist" in the face for being such a stupid cunt. It wreaks of lazy writing. Clearly, the lyrics on this album are just there to fill space. They add nothing to the music except for a female British voice to sucker guys into listening to it. It's sad because the actual electronic music is pretty nice and enjoyable to listen to... just ditch the fucking bitch. It's all well and decent up to a point, but the album is far too long and the songs are far too shallow with zero variation. I say skip the beginning, skip the ending, just concentrate on a few songs somewhere in the middle of the album.

Rating: 5

http://www.ladytron.com/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!