I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cryptopsy - The Unspoken King [2008]

First track is fucking cool. Definitely a punch in the face. Seems like Flo actually managed to get faster, fuck. Missing the creativity that was found on "Once Was Not", but we'll see how the rest of the album is. Second track and I'm actually beginning to miss Lord Worm. It's punchy, but still missing the creativity that I'm used to. Close to the end of the cd and I can say that I'm really not impressed at all. It's cool that they deviated from what they have previously done, but the change was not an improvement at all. I fucking hate the vocalist, especially his horrid clean vox. Virtually no creativity on this album. There are a few parts towards the beginning that are insanely technical on guitar, but that doesn't carry all the way through. This is a sub-par album for Cryptopsy.

Rating: 4

http://www.myspace.com/cryptopsy

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!