I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Elysian Fields - Suffering G.O.D. Almighty [2005]

Whoa. I was expecting some more techno influence, but not this much. Production quality is way heavier and more forward. Seems like they've mostly replaced the orchestra with techno leads on top of thrash sections. Nearly half-way through the album they finally start blending some orchestra in with the techno… and it's a damn good blend. It's insane, it gets more and more creative as you travel further into the cd. It's a bit of a shame, because if they had started the album with this kind of creativity instead of slowly wading deeper into it, then it could've been their best by far. However, it's still phenomenal when you get into the thick of it, and, who knows, they may have intended to slowly progress deeper into this style throughout the album.

Rating: 8.5

http://www.zenial.nl/html/elysianf.htm

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!