I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Setherial - Death Triumphant [2006]

Starts off powerful and quick. Fucking killer/catchy riff about 25 seconds in. Cool stuff so far. Good production. Track 2 is a much less catchy overall. Still decent Black Metal, though. Whoa, track 3 starts off crappy, but gets semi-creative when everything drops out but bass and some effects. Slow track, but a bit atmospheric to offset the sudden change in pace. So far the album's style seems pretty consistent. It's nothing insanely ground-breaking, but it is good overall Black Metal with the occasional creative and un-conventional riff thrown in the mix. So, there's a few surprises on this album, but nothing that'll make me cum blood or anything. Overall, it's a slightly above-average Black Metal album.

Rating: 6

http://www.setherial.com/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!