I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Sunday, January 30, 2011

ミドリ - 清水 [2007]

First up is a fairly adorable and entertaining intro track. Track 2 comes in poised and strong. I like the fact that the piano isn't relegated to the right speaker like it was in the previous album. The production is louder and more forward with noticeable distortion during the more chaotic sections (especially noticeable with the drum toms). Track 3 shows off the newer production quality of the guitars... they are audible and fairly clean, if a tiny bit buried in the mix. Track 4 takes the noise element to a new level with a few massively distorted and lasting explosions followed closely by a very catchy chorus section. Track 5 is the same as track 5 on the first album but with a few slight differences and dirtier playing... and it isn't as compelling as the original. Track 6 is a nice, cute, and calmer changeup from the rest of the chaos. I'm happy about the production and the songwriting isn't bad, either. Even so, it's only marginally better than their previous material. I'm still left waiting for the album that will break through their established writing and take everything to the next level.

Rating: 7.75

http://midori072.com/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!