I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

凛として時雨 - just A moment [2009]

Quite an explosive beginning to the album with "ハカイヨノユメ". Words cannot express how impressed I am with the first track. "Hysteric phase show" continues on with the high energy, quality writing, and willingness to break out from what they had previously established as their style. "Tremolo+A" is a fast-strumming acoustic guitar dominated song. I'm quite happy that the female vocals are now perfectly in tune... even if they have used pitch correction to iron out the issues a bit. This is really an incredible effort by these musicians. It's fresh and pushes the boundaries of their style, but it still feels like the LTS that I fell in love with so long ago. It's quite an incredible and stunning achievement. The production is a bit cleaner, but there's still a shit-tonne of reverb on the drums, vocals, and clean electric guitars. The ONLY problems I see with this album is that they included "Telecastic fake show" and the production could be using a wider frequency range. The higher frequencies are basically chopped off and I feel that they would benefit the drum production a lot (it would be annoying as shit if the guitars were allowed to expand into those frequencies, though).

Rating: 9.75

http://sigure.jp/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!