I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hate - Anaclasis - A Haunting of Gospel Malice & Hatred [2005]

A much more appealing and interesting intro to the album... don't fucking let me down this time, cock-suckers. They've really taken a chapter out of Arkhon Infaustus' book of simple guitar riff with pure grind underneath. It's got a more evil feel to it as well. Problem is that the riff doesn't really change much at all until about 3 minutes in, so it feels like it has overstayed its welcome. There are some new aspects added to the formula in the form of electronic effects. It's mostly just one type of riff and song all the way up until "Malediction" which starts weak as hell, then gets really good, but then goes back to really weak again. "Razorblade" finally changes things up, if only slightly. "Fountains of Blood to Reach Heaven" is actually genuinely good in every way. The energy finally makes it all the way through to the end of one of Hate's albums. The songwriting is much better. However, they still are adding pointless and weak riffs in the middle otherwise strong songs. A few riffs are too drawn out and become boring. This album is a thousand times better than anything previously done by Hate. Finally, an album I can listen to more than once.

Rating: 7

http://www.hate-metal.com/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!