I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Venetian Snares - Greg Hates Car Culture [1999]

Straight off, I'm very impressed by the percussive samples used in this album. It has a very natural feel despite the glitch aspect. I can even hear some more world percussion in there as well. "Personal Discourse" is much less noise than the previous album. There's more of an overtone of darkness and evil in the song. "Fuck a Stranger in the Ass" returns to the previous album's style of repetitive bass hits and spastic beats. Unfortunately, this return to the previously-mentioned style carries through the rest of the album. I was really happy with the style of the first two tracks, though. I just can't stand the repetitive bass hits... they're on the same fucking note every time and it drives me nuts.

Rating: 6

http://www.venetiansnares.com/

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!