I have accumulated many personal reviews while listening to albums. My reviewing style is non-conventional and was only intended for myself. Sometimes I will only use one sentence to describe an album if I feel that is all that's required. Other times I will review an album while I'm still listening to it, leading to a song-by-song review of the album (bringing the size of the review to nearly dissertation-level). There are times when I will even come back to a review to add information that I didn't know when originally writing the review. The point is that I won't edit my reviews to make them more readable or conventional. My reviews are always a direct result of what I was feeling when I wrote them and I want to let that feeling come through.



Monday, August 29, 2011

Odious Mortem - Cryptic Implosion [2007]

The vocals are WAY more powerful than they were on the previous album. "Fragmented Oblivion" starts shit off on the right foot with catchiness, brutality, energy, and a massive amount of technicality. Shit, half-way through the album and it's still fucking brutally ripping its way through my ears. It's non-stop technicality and energy. Excellent production quality. It's clear, heavy, and punchy all at the same time and seemingly without any compromises. The album is a little shorter than most which works in its favor since the material isn't diverse or experimental.

Rating: 8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odious_mortem

All ratings are out of 10. Rating may not be a whole number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, you fucks!